Sunday, February 5, 2012

Earthquake 6.9 Magnitude Hit Cebu and Negros(February 06, 2012)

It was around 12:00 o'clock at noon when just in a sudden I and my workmates felt that our tables, chairs and floor are moving. At first, I thought it is just nothing maybe just a vibration due to vehicles on street near our office but it last a bit longer and they said it's an Earthquake. We ran outside the office and went to the garage area where it is safer than inside wherein many things prone to fall.

After having our lunch with my workmate Analie, we felt a sudden movement again of the ground (we're experiencing aftershock). But during at night when I got home since our working hours was suspended around 3:30 in the afternoon, around 6:30 in the evening in my room together with my mother and my cousin Lance (1 yr old) we felt again the aftershock and it is a bit longer than the aftershock I felt at noon. The aftershock was successive at night of February 06, 2012, around 6:30, around 7:00 o'clock and 8:00 o'clock in the evening. I heard from the news that PHILVOCS said that aftershock will and possible take longer for a week or 2 weeks but not as bad as what we experienced on that night.

No comments: